August 8th, 2O1O. If I get technical and more in detail, then I should say that it is actually the 9th right now. But, that's not the point I'm trying to make. Or it 'could' be if I tried. More or less, I'm writing about time, so it does relate in someways. Whether it'd be the 8th, or actually the 9th, it still shows that the world doesn't have time to stop and wait for us in time. Time is on a continuous run, never stopping. Time is such an interesting concept, which is also known as the 4th dimensional world.
Since when did I come across the month of August already? This happened so quick and random in my opinion. Last thing I remembered was that I was dying from boredom in the beginning of June, but here I am now, complaining that my break wasn't long enough.
I assume that majority of my time was pushed around by summer school, day camp, and church. Waking up at 6:30 every Monday to Wednesday for the 7:30 am class was quite crazy. I didn't know that I was still capable of doing that during the summer. Well, summer school homeworks and assignments wasn't as rushed or dense as I thought it'd be. It wasn't too crazy or stressful while at it. I'm actually glad that I enrolled it during summer, being all productive.
Thursdays and Fridays were spent helping out at the Day Camp. I have been volunteering there every summer for three years now. Quite surprising to see how long it has been. What brings more surprise is when I get to see the kids from previous years to come back this year and see how much they have grown throughout the year. And it's always so much fun to enjoy my time with the new cute kiddiess! (: Oh, the David quadruplets! I adore them all! David Kim, David Jung, David Seo, and David Choi. David is such a popular Korean name eh? But out of all, David Seo is my absolute favourite (: I hope to see you guys again next year my kiddies!
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays, I placed myself at church. Prayer services, Thank God It's Friday service & Fellowship, Praise team practice and LIGHT & UIC worship. It really does take a lot of effort and time to serve at God's house. I am glad that I had the privilege to serve throughout the summer though. Within this short amount of time, God has blessed me, shaped me, and disciplined me through things I wouldn't have imagined it to be. I have to say, it was enjoyable to serve at church, and being a helpful hand (I hope I was helpful..?).
Things I have done throughout the summer might seem repetitive and mundane,but it really wasn't in my opinion. However, I think that it has yet to be the best/quite blessed summer I've ever spent. (: making my time so enjoyable was one of the big highlights of the summer, I have to say. *thanks ;)*
Again, reality strikes us again when we are so close to approaching what is near. Or maybe it's just me, where I slowly open my eyes to reality, which stinks sometimes. An email from school, information regarding the move-in day for the dormitory came like a week ago. Dad frequently came to me asking me when exactly is my move-in day is because he needs to take days off work and book the hotel. And to confirm the whole realization, Pastor David and I talking about how I finally settled in back from college and now I have to move down in less than 20 days. BAM. That woke me up. It got me all thinking about the whole summer break. looking back at the great memories and thinking that I have to leave it and move on to another unpredictable year of college is quite frightening, or more like being sad. Transitions and more transitions, especially dealing with great transition from north to south really does impact quite a bit. It's almost like hopping from one world to another. It's so hard to make one connection. I'm just so sad that I'm leaving again, especially to deal with missing a great deal of certain things drives me insane sometimes (to be honest). But, it's not that I dislike going back down, because I do want to see my friends and enjoy being independent again. Such a silly intrapersonal dilemma, but for now, current status defeats what is expected ahead.
Wow. I might be just crazy, but as I was thinking, I thought that sometimes sleeping can be quite a waste of time. Pretty random thought.
I am quite over my head right now... probably.
So I guess I shall stop here.

No comments:
Post a Comment