7.21.2010

O7.2O.2O1O.

I honestly don't think that my picture above has any reference to my blog right now. But I really like the composition of this picture. Or perhaps I can write some literary imagery to make it happen. I think I shall pull up some creative writing(?) skills haha.

Anyways. Today was very significant&important. (:

6:30am - Woke up and prepped for school
7:30am - First class of the day, Fundamentals of Communications. The class that I always fall asleep. I think the teacher might not like me for that. Most likely he would, because I literally do it everyday now. I would feel the same if I were him. I'm such a "great" student.
12:00pm - Finished with school(getting over the fact that I had my first debate). Went home, had lunch, quickly baked cookies as soon as possible like a ninja! (oh my. haha, how embarrassing)
1:30pm - Headed to SF with mother, because she had to deliver supplies for the mission team. I tagged along to meet up with (: and spend the day together!
2:30pm - Arrived at church. Left church with (: and made worth our time. Rowed boat in Golden Gate Park. I discovered that when it comes to rowing, I fail. Haha! I think I need practice, or I can  stick with the pedal one. Went to Teaway, got chocolate milk tea. It tastes like chocolate milk. It's pretty okay! Drove to the beach, it was all about sit and talk, while enjoying our milk tea. Left the waterfront, and ate Thai food♥ I was kinda sad how my appetite shrank.(that's a whole different story related to my diet) Arrived in Sunnyvale, (: got ice cream, and we drove to the park. Played(?) on the swings, or more like sat around.
9:00pm - "and I knodded, agreed, and said, 'Yes'"

I do realize and understand the importance of committing oneself to a relationship. And it is surely difficult and crazy. I think I can name some possible obstacles just from top of my head. There will be temptations, clashes of ideas, and more. I really want to pray that every choices and actions I take, I want it to reflect on knowledge provided by God. Because we can't even carry our relationship in stable status by ourselves, so it can be really challenging.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen." (1 John 4:18-20)

It says that we are able to love because God loved us first, and we should be thankful for this most important gift granted by God that lasts forever. This verse popped in my head as I was thinking of the new step I took today. Just thankful that we are capable of liking and accepting others the way they are because God does the same with us, loving us first and still does regardless of how sinful we are. Like he says that we don't really love God if we don't reflect love towards our brothers and sisters by not accepting as who they are, and don't try to embrace the flaws. The capability comes from God, and I hope that I'll be able to show that heart toward others.

I was first hesitant of making this choice because of my insecurities and worries from what I fear. After putting trust, now all I fear is that my eyes cannot focus all to God and make it difficult to give him all before anything else. And the same for my partner. Hoping that we won't get so consumed in the relationship part, and really strive for being each other's accountability partner, as we have said to each other. Because I know how much our positive emotions take it so lightly that the real value can be lost. The very first thing that matters, keeping our walks with God healthy before anything else comes in. Because anything we do and say truly reflects from our relationship with God. I hope the books I ordered comes soon to help me to walk this path the right way.

So let's aim our empty/half-filled glass bottles to be completely filled from each other's help. Then, everything will flow naturally. Giving God more than what he asks of us, continuing to surrender everything at his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment