4.22.2010

Highlight of the Month

Again as usual, I have abandoned my original blog for Tumblr. I think I should finally declare that as my main blog. However, at the sametime, I kind of like having my blogger because I think I seem to write different stuff at different blogs. I don't see that as a good factor, but I think that I tend to write more personal and emotional rantings on Blogger. So here is the bean spills!

My lovely and wonderful college friends (Amy, Susan, Monica, Joyce, Jessica, Joyce B.) and I had a sleepover at Monica's room and then went shopping together at Cerritos Mall. The sleepover was amazing. We stayed awake till 3:30 AM-ish just talking and had to wake up at 8-9 in the morning for our shopping trip! Throughout the night, we got to have bible study together, sharing prayer topics, and got to pray for each other and for the topics. It was an amazing fellowship that we had. I got to know each one of them better and we grew our bond as friends. I feel that God has truly answered my prayer by providing me the best college friends that I can ever ask. I remember when I was panicking about having no friends at the beginning of school because of my introverted personality. God has proven to me that my fears can be overcome by him.

As I was shopping, I spent crazy load of money compared to what I would usually spend when I go shopping back at home. As I looked back, I thought that it was worth it and I was pretty satisfied with my purchases, especially for the fact that I haven't gone shopping in ages. The negative result of this day was that I am broke AGAIN and I MUST save money till I go back home. I think I've been using too much money ever since I came to college. I always asked my dad to send me money to my account through online when I was running low and I realized that I've been doing that almost every month. This is really awful. I need to stop taking advantage of my parents and their earnings just because I cannot work in this country. I need to learn how to manage my spendings better.

After shopping, we all ended up going back to our rooms to nap or finish whatever we need to do for school and such. I knocked out on my bed and took an hour nap. When I woke up, I turned my computer on and started watching Korean Drama again. Horrible failure of using my time wisely. I know that I have a project due on monday and an homework assignment due on friday. On top of that, I have to help out with the BBQ sale and make posters tomorrow. So I don't know where I can squeeze my homework time without procrastinating till the last minute.

For the rest of the day, I spent my time at SRB with my KCCC friends playing the Game of Life together. It was hilarious how funny we can be as we are all "new" to playing the revised version of the game. But as we were playing the game, there was a part where we all "gamble" money for multiplying it. I discovered how we as humans get so consumed by money that we do not think consciously at the moment. It was really interesting to actually see the pleasure and joy that they feel when they win, like what happened to Inho and his betting. This is the reason why God has forbid us to gamble because we end up seeking for that big and instant pleasure rather than God. Moreover, it is really hard to snap out of the whole process once you get the taste of it. I really hope that we as Christians won't put up silly obstacles like gambling in our pathway to seeking God.

Hm, this is so stupid of me but I can't believe that I have put myself to end up like this. I have placed my fear before me that the situation has ended up being even worse. Now I have to go back and get myself into complicated solution. I don't even know how I am going to explain this. I feel so embarrassed of this situation first of all. Because of the embarrassment and my stupid fear that now i am putting up with the worst result. I am really suffering it. I really need physical healing. UGH. This is quite awful as I think of it more and more. God heals all, so please take this pain away from me. I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment