Trip to Canada/East Coast US
Get a (legal) Job
Summer School
Yes, the new year's resolution list from 2011. And it seems like I've completed vaguely one third of the list, at least this is better than having nothing completed. I totally forgot about this list until not so long ago. I was a bit afraid of looking at it again because I didn't feel very accomplished in the year 2011.
But having some accomplishments from the list was a big surprise for me to see. I did end up saving a bit more money from work rather than spending it all away in the beginning of my working days, which is a huge improvement. I have grown to resist/control my shopping needs and desires for myself over the last couple of months. It really felt good seeing that I am slowly taking steps away from the temptations and desires of material needs. YES!
Did I finish my Sophomore year well? I believe I did. And as soon as it has finished, I missed everything about it. I did pretty well in my academics so that was good. I have concluded my school year with building stronger relationships with friends, which was an awesome blessing that I received throughout the whole school year. The whole state was just too good to leave it in May.
The losing weight part is only crossed out halfway because it didn't reach the goal I wanted, but I still managed to make progress. Stepping away from the dorm food and feeding myself with home cooked meal really helped me to shed some pounds. Winning! Well, almost..
And surprisingly, I did end up learning something new. I learned how to cook. Now this was a lot easier than I thought. I ended up watching a lot of food network on t.v., and look up recipes for foods that I wanted to eat. I think cooking for my wants really helped me. I ended up learning/cooking Thanksgiving food, pasta and cooking creatively. I really enjoy cooking now. It's so fun! I just wish that I had the time to cook for myself though.
2011 was a roller coaster ride overall. Half point of the year was going well, and the other half had hints of troubles, stress, and struggles. Yeah, it was another transition that I had to handle and face, and honestly I didn't handle it as well as I could/would have. And that probably explains the little traces all around me. But this year, I don't want any of it anymore. I want to resolve it, put the mistakes behind and discover sweet and refreshing flavours of this new year. I know that God always have something good for me to taste, but it is always myself that gets in the way. And I think it's time that I take it in action for real, unlike my "so-called" promises that I made in 2011.
“That, however, is not the way of life you learned when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”
| — | Ephesians 4:20-24 |
So for this new 2012, I want to throw all the mistakes and regrets behind and try to build up a new Allison. I want to be able to see and enjoy God as much as He wants me to this year and I don't want things to get in the way, especially me!
So, the new resolution/to-do list of 2012 is...
Complete reading the New Testaments Because I've never actually read through the whole bible, and the whole bible reading I know I can't do it by me just saying it. And I want to know the Word, so that I will a Christian with knowledge as well. I know I've always lacked this part.
Pass portfolio review The only thing that matters to me in school more than my classes><
Establish an exercise routine I thought that having a system would contribute to healthier me
Save money/Visit Canada Since everyone in Canada has been wondering about it for last 5 years, and it requires saving money for those plane tickets! Hopefully it will be easier, now that I shop whole lot less.
Family First Something I realized in 2011 by living with them permanently since Freshman year. I need more patience, more heart&love for them than anyone else(except God) and lots more to work on as a sister/daughter.
Master French I'm still quite ashamed for not mastering this language after several years of studies and also minoring in it. I want to be brainwashed in French language and culture as much as possible!
This is all I have for now. And hopefully this to-do list for the year will look clean by the end of December 2012!

No comments:
Post a Comment